Skip to main content

Bowling: Grapes are sweet !

    Yesterday was the second time that I tried bowling, thanks to a cousin.

    The first time was a couple of years ago. On that occasion, my first fear was that I would not be able to lift the ball ! As a result, I think I might have knocked all of four, yes 4 pins (count them !) down in the 20 chances I got !

    I went home that night convinced that the bowling lanes were rigged. The other possibility that crossed my mind was that the bowling ball was bewitched. It seemed to have a fatal attraction towards the gutter ! The game, I decided, was fit for big built Americans with nothing better to do than throwing an ungainly ball at some awkwardly placed bottles ! Yes, grapes were sour that night !

    Yesterday was considerably better. To begin with, I had two foot faults. My cousin advised me to swing my arm and that worked. Things had to get better and they did ! I knocked down more than 4 pins on one attempt itself and suddenly, life wasn't such a bad thing after all ! My bowling improved and at the end of the day, I am ready for more. The only casualty is my right arm which feels like it has been lifting weights considerably heavier than the bowling ball it actually lifted. So, bowling alleys of the world, watch out : here I come !

    Actually, grapes are pretty sweet, if you can taste them !


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

NOTE:

    I had originally written this blog in another site. Since that site is no longer accessible, I am uploading it in this blog at http://fewidlethoughts.blogspot.in/ using the same date as the original blog dates.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
=============================
COMMON TEXT FOR ALL BLOGS
=============================

++++++
BEGINS
++++++

When I created my first blog, I
thought I was being clever by being
"anonymous" and let my opinions speak for
themselves (see the archive !) Imagine
my embarrassment when I saw my name
displayed ! So now, while I still
retain the blog name as "Anonymous
Expressions", I will only request you
to ignore my name and concentrate on my
opinions instead !

The opinions expressed in the Weblogs
are my personal opinions. Please tell
me if you don't like the way I have
expressed a view. If I can see your
point, I will correct the mistake. You
can contact me by emailing me at
kiran.suma@gmail.com

++++++
ENDS
++++++

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Comments