Skip to main content

Unfair life

On Saturday, in the morning, I went to a Chartered Accountant's office. The decor of the office portrayed an impression of solidity. The colours were earthy and there was a stone-like finishing to the walls. The furniture was tastefully done as well.

The staff there was young, polite and knew their Information Technology. I heard one of them ask how a particular report could be generated. Another one of them had a problem with the PC. "Yes, I know the network is up, but I cannot see anything here", was the comment offered to a trouble-shooter technician. He went into another room and said that the server was up. It must have been a minor problem, the man went away quickly and the office resumed its ambient level of conversation soon.

As I awaited my turn, the sound of the fan was a comforting one. It is summer and the weather is HOT ! To see the blades of the fan turning, hear its comforting sound and, above all, to feel the circulation of the breeze was a pleasant sensation. It could have lulled me to sleep ! My work got over quickly enough. There would be other visits to the place, but I left the place, glad that I had at least initiated a sequence of events on a day meant for the fan, cool water and ice cream !

When I finished the work I had come for, it was time to drive and re-enter the stream of chaotic traffic. The mornings are pretty hot, but it was different yesterday. Mind you, it was still hot, but what was also noticeable was a cool breeze, felt all the more after I opened the throttle of my vehicle. The meteorological men appear to have got it right ! The monsoon is advancing, I suppose.

I had to pass a main road and I saw a young man walking a curious gait on the side of the road. It was almost like a dance, his feet barely touching the road. He was carrying a bag. I wondered why his gait looked strangely familiar. In a flash it came to me : it was the same sort of gait I used when I stepped on to the hot terrace at home, barefoot ! In the summer, our terrace really heats up. If we have to step on to it, barefooted, during noon or the late morning, it is nearly impossible to stay in one place for more than a couple of seconds. If I have to step barefoot on to the terrace, I have to dance on the hot floor, literally ! When I saw the youth step on the road, I realised the familiarity. As I drove past him, I observed that he didn't have any footwear.

To walk on a black, tarred, main road on an unforgiving, hot, summer day without any footwear was unfair. I could understand the lad's pain. Hopefully, he must have rested under the merciful shade of some tree or building.

Whoever said that life is unfair knew what s/he was talking about !

NOTE:

    I had originally written this blog in another site. Since that site is no longer accessible, I am uploading it in this blog at http://fewidlethoughts.blogspot.in/ using the same date as the original blog dates.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
    =============================
    COMMON BLOG INTRODUCTION TEXT
    =============================

When I created my first blog, I
thought I was being clever by being
anonymous and let my opinions speak for
themselves (see the archive !) Imagine
my embarrassment when I saw my name
displayed ! So now, while I still
retain the blog name as "Anonymous
Expressions", I will only request you
to ignore my name and concentrate on my
opinions instead !

All copyrights are acknowledged.

The opinions expressed in the Weblogs
are my personal opinions. Please tell
me if you don't like the way I have
expressed a view. If I can see your
point, I will correct the mistake. You
can contact me by emailing me at
kiran.suma@gmail.com

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Comments