Skip to main content

Return to the motorcyle ride

    I have almost recovered from a viral fever that weakened me no end. It was the worst case of fever that I have suffered so far. When the fever was at its peak, brushing my teeth in the morning made me feel so tired, it felt like I had climbed Mount Everest AND completed a marathon ! What is worse, I passed on the bug to my parents. Now, while I was on the mend, my father was beginning to show the symptom of extreme tiredness and my mother was also tired. To buy medicines for them, I decided to drive and get them.

    In the first week of October, we celebrated "Ayudha Pooja". This is a day when all tools (including vehicles) are spruced up and worshipped. I had begun to feel the effects of the fever on that day itself. It was with some effort that I completed the rite. Since that day, my motorbike lay untouched.

    To get the bike started was an effort. It was a good two weeks since it was last driven. I needed to use the choke and then try once or twice more to keep the engine running. Eventually, the engine did keep on running. It was a nice sensation to feel my hands on the handlebars of the bike. As I opened the accelerator and put the vehicle into motion, it felt as if a long forgotten part of me suddenly came back to me !

    One gets so used to routine, a break from it is always welcome. I feel that the converse is also true ! If the break is long enough, returning to the routine is almost as pleasurable as breaking it. When I drive on the bike daily, the traffic, the noise and the smoke are sometimes rather irritating.

    Driving on my bike after a fortnight, all these were forgotten. The sensation of the breeze on my body, the centripetal force (psuedo-force ?) experienced along sharp curves and, above all, the feeling of my hands on the handlebar was a pleasure.

    The roads in my city are no pleasure. My bike is not the most powerful one on the road. However, now, whenever I feel like complaining, I will recall the feeling I experienced when I recovered from my illness and stepped on the bike. I hope the memory endures !


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

NOTE:

    I had originally written this blog in another site. Since that site is no longer accessible, I am uploading it in this blog at http://fewidlethoughts.blogspot.in/ using the same date as the original blog dates.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
=====  COMMON TEXT FOR ALL BLOGS  =====

++++++ BEGINS ++++++

When I created my first blog, I thought I was
being clever by being "anonymous" and let my
opinions speak for themselves (see the archive !)
Imagine my embarrassment when I saw my name
displayed ! So now, while I still retain the blog
name as "Anonymous Expressions", I will only
request you to ignore my name and concentrate on
my opinions instead !

The opinions expressed in the Weblogs are my
personal opinions. Please tell me if you spot any
factual mistakes or don't like the way I have
expressed a view. If I can see your point, I will
correct the mistake. You can email me at
kiran.suma@gmail.com.


++++++ ENDS ++++++

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
*-

Comments