Skip to main content

Motorcycle ride

    The traffic was bad last week on the roads. One reason for this was a pleasant one : there were regular rains in the city. Vehicle owners here prefer to wait until the coast is clear (!) before venturing out. So, everybody has the same idea at the same time, leading to traffic clogging ! This is particularly true of motor bike drivers, who don't venture out in the rain - like me :-))

    The second reason why traffic was bad was not so pleasant : there was a VIP visiting town. So, there were policemen in the main roads I travel and signals that were manually controlled and worse, traffic diversions and the resultant driver confusions and road rage !

    Today was the beginning of a new week. There was little rain during the weekend and the VIPs (it appears) have gone. The climate was cool in the evening when I started for home from work. Hopefully, I opened the throttle on my bike, as I hit an open stretch of the road. It was bliss : there was no rain and better still, no sign of any VIPs on the roads ! I could feel the wind on my arms as I drove through the main roads. The signals also favoured me : there was little stoppage time even when I did get a couple of red signals. I was home 10 minutes earlier than I thought it would take me !

    By the time I reached home, I was in a good mood. Sometimes, it takes bad traffic sense, VIP visits, rains and lousy roads for a couple of days to appreciate the joy of a good ride !


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

NOTE:

    I had originally written this blog in another site. Since that site is no longer accessible, I am uploading it in this blog at http://fewidlethoughts.blogspot.in/ using the same date as the original blog dates.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
=============================
COMMON TEXT FOR ALL BLOGS
=============================

++++++
BEGINS
++++++

When I created my first blog, I thought I was being clever by
being "anonymous" and let my opinions speak for themselves (see
the archive !) Imagine my embarrassment when I saw my name
displayed ! So now, while I still retain the blog name as
"Anonymous Expressions", I will only request you to ignore my
name and concentrate on my opinions instead !

The opinions expressed in the Weblogs are my personal
opinions. Please tell me if you spot any factual mistakes or
don't like the way I have expressed a view. If I can see your
point, I will correct the mistake. You can contact me by
emailing me at kiran.suma@gmail.com.


++++++
ENDS
++++++

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Comments